With the digitalization of almost every industry, the need for Cybersecurity in Austria and worldwide is booming. Andreas Tomek, Managing Partner of SBA Research – the leading Austrian IT security research center and Advisor for Venionaire Investment, explains in a guest post for IT-magazine Computerwelt why cybersecurity offers great investment opportunities, in particular for Venture Capitalists in Europe.
The most important points of his comment are:
- In the next years we will see the rise of European cybersecurity startups
- The main reason for this is the growing integration of technology in our daily lifes (Collaboration Tools & Internet of Things)
- European cybersecurity startups benefit from a powerful IT-infrastructure and accumulation of top-noch knowledge in many fields
- On the other hand hackers are becoming more professional and therefore more dangerous
- Last but not least: We have better data protection laws compared to other regions of the world
But how can we use these competitive advantages? Mr. Tomek urges us to build a bridge between science community and market. We need to promote initiatives which are matching products and venture capitalists! Read the whole comment here. (article in German)